- Get Active
- Clubs and Associations
- Places and Spaces
- About Us
Providing access to funding for the development of sustainable, functional, inclusive and fit-for-purpose active recreation and sport facilities that meet the current and future needs of the South Australian community. The Community Recreation and Sport Facilities Program will assist eligible organisations to develop infrastructure that directly addresses demonstrated need and supports participation through the rational development of good quality projects.
To be eligible organisations must:
Please note further information is available in the guidelines associated with the current round.
The following organisations will be considered ineligible for funding:
All projects must be located within South Australia and evidence permission from the landowner (where the project is located). For projects located at a school, the applicant must provide evidence that the project will be used by clubs and the local community outside of school hours and evidence that it is contributing significant financial resources towards the project. Applicants should demonstrate how their project will achieve program objectives. Examples of eligible projects may include:
Please note that the list above includes example projects that may be funded. The list is by no means exhaustive and applications for other projects that meet the objectives of the program will be considered.
Where applicable, all projects must also meet relevant state sporting organisation and Australian Standards (e.g. change room dimensions) as well as complying with universal design principals (e.g. unisex toilets/showers).
If you are successful, the ORSR grant contribution cannot be used to cover the following project costs:
Where an application is deemed eligible, the Funding Assessment Committee will prioritise it against the following principles.
|* Addresses an identified need, gap or deficiency in the availability of active recreation and sporting facilities to the community. |
* Will lead to benefits for each user group.
* Has support from users of the facility and the broader community.
Participation and Utilisation
|* Will lead to positive participation and utilisation outcomes for active recreation and sport. |
* Will lead to additional programming opportunities and/or improved inclusiveness.
* Provides for multiple sports and/or user groups.
* Will provide gender equity in programming/scheduling.
|* Project improves the quality, safety or standard of facilities that are available to the community. |
* Applicant provides plans that address Community Safety, Risk Management, Universal Design Principles, and Environmentally Sustainable Design.
|* Is identified through a facility planning process and identified as a priority by the local council and/or relevant state sporting organisation. |
* Aligns with ORSR’s strategic plan, Game On initiative and/or the State Sport and Recreation Infrastructure Plan.
* Demonstrates economic impact during construction and operation, including employment during and after construction.
|* Begin the project within six months of receipt of funding |
* Effectively manage the project through relevant project management history.
* Finance the project through the confirmation of cash funding contributions and provision of itemised accurate and up to date quotes.
* Appropriately manage previous ORSR grants.
* Identify the project scope and outline how the project will be completed within a prescribed timeframe.
* Manage the ongoing maintenance and life-cycle replacement costs.
For a detailed breakdown of the following process refer to the guidelines.
When unforeseen circumstances occur in the delivery of your grant, grantees can seek to amend the terms or conditions, seek additional time or amend the purpose/outcome of the grant.
If you require an amendment, please contact us with your application number and we will forward an Agreement Variation Request through SmartyGrants, which will ask what you would like varied and why you need it varied, for that specific grant.
Your Agreement Variation Request will be considered, and you will be notified of the outcome of your request.