The Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing (ORSR) uses social media channels to distribute information to the community.
- department programs.
The social media channels and page names we operate include:
Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing:
South Australian Sports Institute:
How we manage our social media channels
All our social media channels are managed and operated by the Business Operations division of the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing.
When we are online
Our social media accounts are monitored from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday.
We will respond to enquiries, comments and direct messages during operating hours.
We welcome questions and commentary on our social media pages and expect users to be relevant and respectful.
- abuse, harass or threaten others
- contain misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libellous content
- could be considered prejudicial, racist or inflammatory
- are considered spam
- impersonate or falsely represent a person or entity
- infringe on the intellectual property rights of others
- promote sale of products or services for any commercial purpose unless you have our written consent to do so
- contain personal information (email addresses, phone numbers or private addresses).
Following and sharing content
We may like, share or re-publish content outside of our regular portfolio. This does not constitute endorsement of content.
Similarly, we may choose to follow other organisations or individuals. Being followed by ORSR social media channels does not imply endorsement of any kind.
Unless they are already very short, we will shorten URLs with commonly used link compressing services, such as Bitly.
The information provided through ORSR’s social media accounts is presented by the department for the purpose of disseminating information for the benefit of the public. While all efforts are made to ensure the accuracy of the information presented, the department does not make any representation or warranty about the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material provided via our social media accounts.