Eagle Mountain Bike Park
Mt Barker Road
Leawood Gardens SA 5150
Pastor Kavell Lookout
UBD ref: 132 C16
Opening hours - hours of daylight
Phone: 1300 714 990
After Hours Phone: 0423 784 383
The Eagle Mountain Bike Park main access track is to be upgraded commencing 10 January 2022. Signage and traffic management will be in place to ensure the public can continue to enjoy the Park.
The Park, located approximately 12 kms south east of the Adelaide CBD, provides a network of trails that cater for a variety of mountain bike disciplines and abilities.
- Approximately 21kms of cross country trails
- A specifically designed downhill trail
- A skills development park
- A jumps park
- A trials area
- The Park is closed on Christmas day, total fire ban days and days of extreme weather in the Mount Lofty Ranges. Contact the fire ban hotline 1300 362 361.
- The park is open between sunrise and sunset, 7 days a week.
- Contact Park Management to report any management or maintenance issues. Email ORSRfacilities@sa.gov.au
- Snake season: Please be aware and take care. It is advised not to ride alone.
- The 4X course is open for general use. It has been rated with a double-diamond 'extreme' classification and is suitable for advanced riders only who are well-equipped and capable of riding difficult terrain.
- For rider safety and park management, dogs are not allowed in the Park.
- Follow trail signage.
- Toilets are available.
THE PARK ENTRANCE for those arriving by car is on Mt Barker Road, Leawood Gardens.
- There is parking available at the Pastor Kavell lookout (UBD ref 132 C16) adjacent to the entrance.
- To get to the lookout, take the Eagle on the Hill exit (Mt Barker Road) from the Adelaide to Crafers Highway.
- The lookout is approximately 1.5 km along Mt Barker Road.
Note: There is no right turn into the parking area for those travelling from Adelaide. Please make a safe u-turn approximately 100 metres further on.
- The lookout is approximately 2.5 km along Mt Barker Road.
A second entrance for bikes only is available on Hawk Hill Road, via Hillcrest Avenue, Crafers West (UBD ref 144 K5). There is no turnaround area for cars along this road.
EVENTS will be held at the Park throughout the year. If you wish to ride the trails as part of an organised ride or event, contact Bicycle SA, Adelaide Mountain Bike Club, Inside Line Mountain Bike Club or Gravity Enduro SA.
TRAINING SESSIONS are available at the Park though Head for the Hills.
MOUNTAIN BIKE CODE OF PRACTICE While riding please remember to:
- Plan your ride.
- Obey 'No Bicycle Signs'.
- Ride only on formed trails designated for cycling.
- Do not take short cuts or form new trails.
- Share the trail.
- Respect the rights of others.
- Avoid riding in wet, muddy conditions.
- Ride lightly and leave no trace or rubbish.
- Control your bike.
- Do not disturb plants and animals.
- Clean your bike, don't spread weeds or plant diseases.
- Tell other people about this code.
Keep trails open by setting a good example of environmentally sound and socially responsible mountain biking.