Create a COVID-Safe Plan / COVID-Management Plan
All clubs/organisations are to fill in a COVID-Safe Plan before commencing activities.
How to create a COVID-Safe Plan
Fill out the form on covid-19.sa.gov.au to create your COVID-Safe Plan. Your completed form is your Plan. This Plan will outline how your staff, volunteers and patrons can be kept safe from COVID-19.
Am I required to create a COVID-Safe Plan?
If your business was previously directed to close, then you must complete a Plan before you reopen.
If you have not completed a Plan, do not have this available at your premises, or do not comply with current Directions, you can be fined up to $5,000.
Completing and implementing your Plan is the best way to ensure your business is compliant and COVID-safe for your staff, volunteers and patrons.
While any other businesses are not required to complete a COVID-Safe Plan, they are encouraged to do so to help keep South Australia safe.
Take the following steps to get started
- Refer to official COVID-19 advice and directions to help you complete this plan. Carefully review this website and www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au.
- Head to the 'Create a COVID-Safe Plan' page and fill out the Plan. If your business has several premises, each venue will need a separate Plan.
- Discuss and share relevant details of your plan with staff, volunteers, contractors and suppliers so that everyone is aware of what they need to do and what they can expect.
- Implement the steps you have agreed to as best you can. Remember: the requirements on the form are obligations – you may face a fine if you do not comply with these.
- Review your plan regularly and make changes as and when required. COVID-19 is a fast-changing situation, and the South Australian Government responds to this via a step-by-step approach to easing certain restrictions.
- Print and make this plan available at your premises.
Guidance on completing your COVID-Safe Plan - FAQ (PDF, 112.3 KB)
Guidance on completing your COVID-Safe Plan - FAQ (DOCX, 41.3 KB)
A COVID-Management Plan, approved by SA Health, will be required for:
- a defined public activity where more than 1000 people are reasonably expected to be present at or participating in the activity
- the onsite purchase and consumption of food or beverages at a place where the total number of persons present at the place for the purpose of the purchase and consumption of food or beverages is reasonably expected to exceed 1000 people
- the operation of a nightclub
- the operation of relevant licensed premises
In some cases, your events/business/activity may require both a COVID Management Plan and a COVID-Safe Plan for each vendor.
Create a COVID-Management Plan
SA COVID-19 Information line - 1800 253 787 offers local information and advice on general COVID-19 information for South Australians. Operates from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm every day.
Your industry association may also be able to assist.
For technical help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org