The Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing (ORSR) employs a variety of people across a diverse range of recreation and sport to meet our vision of enriching the lives of South Australians through regular participation in sport and active recreation.
Current Job Vacancies
DIRECTOR, INFRASTRUCTURE AND PLANNING
The Infrastructure and Planning division of ORSR is responsible for a number of the State’s key sporting assets including major sporting venues such as Adelaide Super-Drome and SA Athletics Stadium. It undertakes development planning, construction, project management, facilities management and recreation trails development and management.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Director, Infrastructure and Planning is responsible for:
- leading the State sport and recreation infrastructure planning to inform investment decisions;
- contributing to overall strategy and decision making for both the organisation and the sport and recreation sector;
- scoping, planning and delivering strategic projects directed towards quality sport and recreation outcomes;
- leading, managing and further developing a dedicated and passionate team;
- proactively developing and enhancing important relationships with a wide range of industry, government, private and community stakeholders.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified dynamic executives with experience overseeing a diverse portfolio. Demonstrated experience in business, commerce, project management or infrastructure delivery will be well regarded, as will experience with significant change management processes. The ability to efficiently drive projects to success, high level written and verbal communication and the skills to collaborate and negotiate at all levels will be essential.
This is a rare SA sport and recreation leadership opportunity as ORSR embarks on a significant period of growth and change.
For more details and to apply, visit: www.henderconsulting.com.au
The ORSR is a State Government employer, with most positions only available to Public Sector employees.
Internal vacancies can be found at I Work For SA.
Employment opportunities that are open to the public may be advertised via external media such as http://www.seek.com.au www.careerone.com.au and sportspeople.com.au. They are also advertised on I Work For SA and on this website under current vacancies.
Please refer to the Department of Home Affairs in relation to gaining approval to work legally in Australia.
Secondary students wishing to undertake work experience at the Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing should submit their request in writing before the end of April each year. All applications will be reviewed early May with the outcomes notified to all applicants shortly thereafter. Work experience placements will be fulfilled between June to December each year.
The Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing (ORSR) offers two (2) work experience opportunities for South Australian secondary students each year across the following business areas, for a maximum of three (3) days:
- Infrastructure and Sector Capability
- South Australian Sports Institute
- Strategy and Investment
For more information on each area, please refer to the 'about us' section on this web site.
Recreation and sport is a popular choice for many students and the demand for work experience is significantly greater than the available opportunities.
Interested secondary students should prepare and Expression of Interest (EOI) including the following information:
- The date of your placement
- Your educational background
- How work experience at ORSR will assist you in determining your career directions
- What areas of recreation and sport you would like to gain work experience in (refer to the organisation structure)
- Any other information that demonstrates your desire for a placement at this Office
- Indigenous students and students with a disability are also encouraged to apply.
Please address your EOI to:
Office for Recreation, Sport and Racing
PO Box 219
Brooklyn Park SA 5032
For further information: Human Resources
Phone: 1300 714 990